Extracted 09SEP2011 from http://logisticsweek.com/supply-chain-2/2011/09/manhattan-customers-rank-all-...
In addition to the overall MCM 100 list, Manhattan customers ranked high in several sub-categories:
- Eight of the Top 10 Mixed Gender Apparel Brands, including the top six
- Four of the Top 10 Women’s Apparel Brands, including the top two
- Four of the Top 10 Home Décor/Furnishings Brands, including the top two
- Four of the Top 10 General Merchandise Brands
- Four of the Top 10 Sporting Goods/Leisure Brands
Today’s consumer expects a seamless transition as they move across channels—from a retailer’s website to physically shopping in the store and back again. It sounds simple, but executing on this customer-centric vision requires that new processes and technology are available to store associates. This new shopping paradigm has made mobile access to supply chain information and capabilities a top priority for global retailers, providing inventory, order and shipment visibility to the store associates working on the front lines to give customers a Zero Disappointment Retail™ experience.
[see also http://www.manh.com/about-us]