Extracted 12AUG2011 from http://blog.ushahidi.com/index.php/2011/08/09/announcing-ushahidi-v2-1-tunis/
[Ushahidi] announce the release of version 2.1 (Tunis) of the Ushahidi platform
Reports. The new faceted reports page allows a user to filter reports using one or a combination of the following parameters:
- Report Categories
- Date when reports were submitted
- Location radius e.g. x kilometers from a given point
- Channel via which the reports have been submitted (Web Form, SMS, Twitter or Email)
- Media contained in the reports e.g. photos, video or news source links
- Verification status (i.e. Verified and/or Unverified)
Also bundled with the new reports page is an option to toggle between list view and map view.
Forms. With the improved custom forms feature, you can build richer forms for augmenting the information collected via the reports submission page.
Members. This module allows users to sign-in into a deployment using via OpenID or with a username/password that is specific to the deployment in question. This feature would be useful in situations where it is not feasible to grant everyone access to the admin console, or where you simply want to avoid the process of filling out yet another registration form! Once signed in, members can create their own reports, send messages to other members and access their alert subscriptions.
Blocks. This is also another new feature and it basically allows you to toggle the display of the “Reports” and “Mainstream News” blocks that appear on the main page.
* Ushahidi is a non-profit tech company that specializes in developing free and open source software for information collection, visualization and interactive mapping... for democratizing information, increasing transparency and lowering the barriers for individuals to share their stories. (see http://ushahidi.com/about-us)