Extracted 20OCT2011 from http://venturebeat.com/2011/10/19/fast-talking-mary-meeker-predicts-a-mobile-...
At the Web 2.0 Summit in San Francisco on Tuesday, Meeker returned to talk about internet trends...
[Interesting data on trends in emerging markets relative to the U.S... expecially with respect to Globality and Mobile]
- Globality (surprises such as Nigeria and Iran in internet usage) ***
- Mobile (special time with respect to smart phones... big global up side) ***
- User Interface (speech recognition, movement, sound, Bluetooth)
- eCommerce (mobile taking off, comparison shopping)
- Advertising (social networking taking off)
- Content Creation (changed forever)
- Technology/Mobile Leadership (e.g., unprecedented pace of change in Silicon Valley)
- Empowerment (mega-trend due to mobile connectivity, international co-dependence) ***
- Authentic Identity (lots of issues emerging, no place to hide, up side and down side)
- Economic Uncertainty (consumer confidence, corporate capital expeditures, stock market)
- USA (see http://www.kpcb.com/usainc)